All Academic, Inc. Research Logo

Info/CitationFAQResearchAll Academic Inc.
Document

Age Moderates the Relationship between Social Support and Psychosocial Problems
Unformatted Document Text:  Age Moderates 14 fulfillment in life. The reliability of these two subscales was = .71, and .72 for the singlehood standard and partner standard scales, respectively. Procedure Participants in this study were included by virtue of being randomly sampled for jury duty in Pima County, Arizona. The county has approximately 1.2 million residents, 65% of whom live in an urban area, with the remaining 35% living in rural areas. The sampling frames used by the county for jury duty recruitment include both voter registration records and motor vehicle registration records. Consequently, citizens who are not registered voters are regularly sampled for jury duty. Upon their arrival at the county courthouse, potential jurors assembled in a large room and waited 30-60 min to be called for voir dire. During that waiting period, potential jurors listened to a brief presentation about the survey study and were asked if they would volunteer to complete a questionnaire while they waited. Research assistants then circulated throughout the waiting room to pass out surveys. 1 Results Exploratory Analyses Before testing the actual research hypotheses, a series of exploratory analyses were undertaken to examine the bivariate relationships between age, psychosocial problems, and social support. In terms of social support, there was no relationship between age and perceptions of support from family members, r (313) = .00, ns, perceptions of social support from friends, r (316) = -.03, ns, perceived support from spouse/romantic partner, r (262) = -.01, ns, contact with family members, r (309) = -.02, ns, or contact with friends, r

Authors: Segrin, Chris.
first   previous   Page 14 of 53   next   last



background image
Age Moderates
14
fulfillment in life. The reliability of these two subscales was = .71, and .72 for the
singlehood standard and partner standard scales, respectively.
Procedure
Participants in this study were included by virtue of being randomly sampled for
jury duty in Pima County, Arizona. The county has approximately 1.2 million residents,
65% of whom live in an urban area, with the remaining 35% living in rural areas. The
sampling frames used by the county for jury duty recruitment include both voter
registration records and motor vehicle registration records. Consequently, citizens who are
not registered voters are regularly sampled for jury duty. Upon their arrival at the county
courthouse, potential jurors assembled in a large room and waited 30-60 min to be called
for voir dire. During that waiting period, potential jurors listened to a brief presentation
about the survey study and were asked if they would volunteer to complete a questionnaire
while they waited. Research assistants then circulated throughout the waiting room to pass
out surveys.
1
Results
Exploratory Analyses
Before testing the actual research hypotheses, a series of exploratory analyses were
undertaken to examine the bivariate relationships between age, psychosocial problems, and
social support. In terms of social support, there was no relationship between age and
perceptions of support from family members, r (313) = .00, ns, perceptions of social
support from friends, r (316) = -.03, ns, perceived support from spouse/romantic partner, r
(262) = -.01, ns, contact with family members, r (309) = -.02, ns, or contact with friends, r


Convention
Convention is an application service for managing large or small academic conferences, annual meetings, and other types of events!
Submission - Custom fields, multiple submission types, tracks, audio visual, multiple upload formats, automatic conversion to pdf.
Review - Peer Review, Bulk reviewer assignment, bulk emails, ranking, z-score statistics, and multiple worksheets!
Reports - Many standard and custom reports generated while you wait. Print programs with participant indexes, event grids, and more!
Scheduling - Flexible and convenient grid scheduling within rooms and buildings. Conflict checking and advanced filtering.
Communication - Bulk email tools to help your administrators send reminders and responses. Use form letters, a message center, and much more!
Management - Search tools, duplicate people management, editing tools, submission transfers, many tools to manage a variety of conference management headaches!
Click here for more information.

first   previous   Page 14 of 53   next   last

©2012 All Academic, Inc.